Fair Trade Apparel is a fair trade brand that has served the US college market and US retail market since 2005. We are a sustainable solution and a catalyst for change in Bangladesh’s garment industry.
Currently we are re-conceptualizing production in our factories.
Our mission is to provide luxury fashion for an honest price, that mutually benefits factory workers, consumers and the environment.
Our Guiding Principles are:
- To select factories and producers committed to full compliance with internationally recognized labor standards, as embodied in national legislation, conventions of the ILO, and retailers/brands/university codes of conduct;
- To trade with factories and producers where forced labor and exploitative child labor are not allowed;
- To trade with factories and producers committed to:
- Healthy and safe working conditions;
- Equal employment opportunities provision for all workers;
- Employees representation by a legitimate, representative labor union or other representative employee body;
- To pay factories and producers a fair minimum price that provides workers with a stable source of income as well as improved social services;
- To continuously develop more environmentally sound practices, such as organic cotton and natural dyes substitution options;
- To manage all aspects of trade, production and development with transparency and openness to public accountability.
We are in the design & development process of a new Street Art as Body Art brand – a new organic and fair trade brand of apparel & accessories – designed in Asia and made in Bangladesh.